Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31st

Hi mom!  

I got your package (and Grandma's letter), but I didn't get a letter from you. I do love the candy and decorations though! :) I also just got Grandma's package!  Thank you guys!!! I love you!!!  We went to a trunk or treat last Saturday because they were having a chili cook off and a lot of people we see and teach were there! All less active, but there was a lady whose less-active husband came and we think he might come to church as well!

The baptism on Saturday went well!  I'll see if I can send pictures, but I didn't bring a usb cord for the camera and I keep borrowing from other missionaries.  "D" (the investigator) and his wife (member) were very happy!  He wanted his home teacher to baptize him, which he did. Brother Watts is great!  Sister Settle and I along with WML Brother Thurman got everything prepared.  Sister Settle and I also gave the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost (basically a review for him since we've been teaching him).  

Thanks for the pictures of the kid's trunk-or-treat costumes!  At the cottonwood trunk or treat on Saturday, everyone kept complimenting Sister Settle and I on our "missionary costumes". Said we looked authentic!😉 Ha ha.


What's a typical day like?  Ok, I get up.. 😅 JK but yes I get out of bed at 6:30 and exercise for half an hour and then shower, get ready and eat breakfast.  Then we do personal and companion study for two hours.  Since I'm not a trainee anymore we don't do 12-week study (the first 12 weeks out on the mission), so we usually just start heading out.  It's really hard to find people in the morning!  There's also sometimes district meeting or zone training, weekly planning, and filling out progress records (these are more fun than the violin practice records)😊Every now and then we go on splits if some of the sisters have to go to meetings, and there's also exchanges (which are fun).  Then there's lunch, more proselyting, dinner at five (sometimes we get rides if it costs us a bunch of miles), even more proselyting (hopefully set appointments) planning at 9:00 and then bedtime.

I wish I could say that I rely fully on the spirit and that my confidence is soaring, but to be honest I go through the motions.  Who knows what will happen, but even if I'm still a quiet person when I get home I know that I'm a child of God and I'm enjoying my mission, despite personal struggles I've gone through even before my mission.   Things have been improving because I'm being pushed to my limits at times, and I'm feeling my confidence grow.  I'm probably going to be homesick on November 5th for reasons you already know, but I'll be alright!  :)  I'll go through a week like the last one where I'm really tired, but I have a lot of energy the next.  It's not too hard to get up in the morning, especially if I start exercising.  Maybe I'll have the motivation to go jogging with you and Amy after the mission. :)  

I'll try to send pics too!  Let me know if there's anything specific that you want me to take a picture of!

       

No comments: