Wednesday, November 23, 2016

November Email Excerpts

NOVEMBER 21st:
Hello Mom!  
 I got sick again conveniently during transfers, but I'm doing a little better now.  It never seems to fully go away. I hope Dean and Amy will feel better soon!  Dad said Nathan wasn't feeling super hot himself.  Do an easy dinner if you get sick!! :) Thanksgiving is an all service day for the missionaries. So far we haven't been able to find too many options except for one project for sure.  If we have to I'm sure we'll just knock on doors in work clothes and ask. :)    
Sister Chandler is a lot of fun!  We live in a small rental house.  We actually have two new investigators in the house connected to ours!  I don't have a picture of it yet, but I will send one!  The housing inspectors came by the day after transfers and were not pleased with its keep up, so we're going to clean up A LOT today.  It's mainly the kitchen that needs work.  At least they can't blame me since I just got here!  We cleaned up most of it this morning, but we still need to finish it, especially the refrigerator!  We also have a good car that should keep us warm.  We'll get it cleaned up too...  
My new area is very beautiful!  I love being able to see the temple in the distance.  It automatically makes my mood better if I'm ever down.  I think we are only allowed to go to the temple two times throughout our entire missions, so I hope I can go soon.  We're close to Walmart, which means cheaper shopping trips!  
I miss Sister Settle a little bit.  Nothing to do with Sister Chandler because she's great, but it's just weird to adjust to change.  Since Sister Settle and Sister Eas are whitewashing they are also pretty stressed out right now, which is understandable.  But I hope things calm down soon.       
I'll do my best to send pictures! I'm hoping these computers will let me!
I love you!  Don't get sick!! 😨🤒
~Sister Brinkerhoff


Sister B. and Sister Chandler:
Inline image 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOVEMBER 14th:
Hi Mom!  

So, Imma leaving Ucon.  Actually, the both of us are.  Sister Settle and I are both heading to the _____ Zone!  I'm going to be companions with Sister Chandler, and Sister Settle is still an STL but instead for a different ward.  Sister Chandler was actually in my zone when I first arrived, and from what I've seen she's very nice.  Sometimes I hear horror stories about the cold here :), but I'll be ok!  I just hope Sister Settle will be!  She's not a fan of the cold.  When Autumn rolled around she was covered in blankets during study time. She said the temperature felt like winter for her back home! :)

I was thinking and it might be good if I had a smaller set of scriptures.  I usually carry the scriptures in my scripture bag and walk around with just that because they don't fit well in the shoulder bags I took with me.  Also if it's not too much trouble, could you send pictures in color?  I print out the pictures you send me by email, but they're all in black and white.  Even if it was just one picture of our family I would appreciate it.  I didn't think about that before I left.

Yeah, I email at the Family History Center.  At least this last time since I'm transferring.  It might be the same in the other zone.  

I love you!
~Sister Brinkerhoff


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 7th:
Ok I don't know if you'll be home right now, but I'll still send an email! :)  Hopefully you got "D's" baptism pictures!!! 

I don't know if I mentioned this to you yet or not, but I was dreading November 5th.  I didn't realize I was going to miss a big day for the family.  But I am happy here and I'm so glad "D" was baptized!  How did Sarah feel?  Did she have a good experience?  I remember when Nathan was baptized and he started yelling about his eyes. :)  Ha ha, but also, I hope she had a great experience, and I hope Dean had a fun birthday at home!

So I called to get permission to go to Idaho Falls, and Sister Nield gave Sister Settle and I a ride.  We ate lunch at chick-fil-a and then went to Ross, and I bought a coat and some leggings for about $43.  It's a really warm coat, and I think it will work well!  Someone also gave me a hat and there were earmuffs left by another missionary who gave them away.   

I'm not sure what I want for Christmas (It gets harder every year!!!).  Thanks for the candy!  I wasn't able to eat it for a couple of days because I got a cold and a sore throat, but I recovered really fast!  It was weird!  :)  Monday was fun.  Since we weren't allowed to proselyte we went to the family history center, played gator ball and volleyball and watched Cars 2.  That last part was a little strange after not watching movies for 4 months! 😅 But we had fun!  I ended up feeling sick the next day, but it wasn't bad enough to prevent me from working until the next night.  Last Wednesday I went home and went to bed early to feel better.  Sister Settle called an RM named "K" and they went to try to find some people before curfew.  

I hope you guys had a fun weekend!  
~Sister Brinkerhoff

No comments: