Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Last Email!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning!

This is very crazy! 

I'm excited to see you all! I'm not sure what you're all planning to do in the evening before I'm released, but I'm sure it will be good. :)  I'll have fun with the room ha ha! I'm also planning on making a mission scrapbook (I know-such a shock ha ha!).

My last week has been relatively normal, which is what I preferred. I wrote in my planner ages ago for my last weekly planning session (Dean knows what that is, but maybe you know too ha ha) to not get trunky. So I made a plan to be as active in our missionary endeavors as much as possible considering I wouldn't be writing down all the return appointments for the next week :'(.  I FINALLY got to take somebody to the visitor's center!!! We took "T", our recent convert, and we watched the Mountain of the Lord with him and the fellowshippers from his ward that came. We invited him to do family history with us next time, which will be today and possibly the last time I see him.  It was a very spiritual experience. The care center we cover is booming with missionary work now, which is crazy!  It's really only been this busy this transfer. I only went there a few times with the rest of my companions. One of our investigators moved to another care center with his fiance, so we wished him luck and left with a prayer. So far we also have "K" and a new investigator we just met a few days ago.

We also watched President Monson's funeral. I still can't believe it's real. I remember listening to him talk at the cultural celebration in Boise and watching him enjoy all the dancing and singing, and that was when his wife was in the hospital. I know the church is in good hands though, especially with the Lord at the head of it.

The mission office gave me my "trunky plans" about four weeks ago, and they included what to do about rules for suitcases and such. They gave specific instructions for the carry on and told me that there will be scales at the mission home to ensure that my luggage doesn't weigh too much.  I'm a little nervous about traveling because I only did it once and that was with my district of Elders with me. I have your phone number memorized and written down in case I need it, and I'll say a prayer that I'll be able to figure out where to go and such.  They did give me my itinerary, which should help. 

I love you!! See you in a few!
~Sister Brinkerhoff



Last picture sent to me from a member of the church in the mission:


No comments: