Thursday, January 11, 2018

One More Week

Good morning! I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Yesterday was weird for all of us. I woke up that morning and went back to bed because I thought I was sick because my chest felt heavy and I had a slightly hard time breathing. Sister Lewis had a really bad headache and Sister Smith seemed to be fine. We went to the care center to visit people and I started to worry that I was getting worse, so I put on a mask the rest of the time there.  We later went to our dinner appointment and afterwards Sister Smith was having the same symptoms I was having. We're not sure what happened but we guess it's from the dryness of the air here. ha ha! Sister Smith turned on some of her essential oil diffusers and I took a bath for steam. We were so tired yesterday, but Sister Smith still managed to memorize 17 verses... how?! :)

I forgot to tell what else happened yesterday! Our two investigators live in the care center I already mentioned, and we were able to attend sacrament meeting with them yesterday, which was great! Many people shared beautiful testimonies and memories about Thomas S. Monson. I loved him as our prophet, so while it was sad to hear of his passing I know he's in a better place and it was great to hear so many wonderful things about him. One sister quoted from his daughter about how he loved to visit care centers when he started slowing down. A bishop from another ward (we cover a monster amount of 16 wards and a branch) read a letter from President Monson that was sent to his son when he was in the hospital, and it was so awesome and sweet!


My week's been good. We were so close to finding two new investigators, but one of them is planning on leaving for a month.  I've been really tired for some reason (maybe its' the sugar from the holidays).  My last week will probably be pretty normal, although we are having exchanges tonight. Sister Houghton will join Sister Lewis and I while Sister Smith will be with Sister Allen.  I probably will email next Monday, hopefully!  I don't think there's anything I need.  I am going to miss my companions and the people we've been teaching. Rexburg's a great place.


Well, I love you so much and I hope you recover soon! 
~Sister Brinkerhoff




No comments: