Wednesday, December 27, 2017

June 2017 Email Excerpts

June 5th:

These pictures were from last week with Sister Houston:






June 19th:

Hi Mom! I saw your last email before this and felt so bad! I was going to send you more messages, but we had to leave early because someone needed help with directions. I love the piano recital picture! What did Sarah play? I'm glad that was a good highlight. What kind of youth conference was that? Did Amy stay overnight somewhere, or was the conference split up over the different days? 

It's so crazy that my year mark is in a few days!! It doesn't feel like it. To add to that I gave a talk on Father's Day just like last time, only it wasn't a farewell talk. :)

Everyone got calls yesterday and Sister Houston and I are staying. I don't know how long I'll be here, but at this rate I've been in Henry's Fork for 8 months. I still haven't beaten Sister Settle's record of nine months in Ucon. :) Yellowstone was a blast. It was a little bittersweet because it was Sister Reupena's last prep. day with us. :( I have pics that i will send to you. I enjoyed Nathan's letter and stamp! :) Seeing the buffalo was really cool. We also got a glimpse of a coyote, but I was in the back and couldn't get a pic of it. Luckily someone sent me one to share. ;)  My camera died halfway through while I was taking videos, so some of the pics are from other people.  At the souvenir shop Sister Houston and I bought matching yellowstone t-shirts, and I also got postcards and a purple geode rock.  

Our main struggle in our area right now is contacting referrals. People have been great at letting us know who is interested or not, but the families never answer their door. It's strange because they're the ones that requested missionaries, but either they're not home or changed their mind. Something like that. But we keep trying. "A" has a baptismal date in August!! I'm going to let Sister Chandler know because she'll be back for that. :)

I hope your week is better than the last. I'm struggling with the weather too. Either I'm freezing, I'm struggling with allergies, or I'm hot. :) 
I love you!
~Sister Brinkerhoff







June 27th:

Hi  Mom! 
I know you're probably on errands right about now, but I wanted to let you know I didn't forget to email! :) We went to the Rexburg temple this morning with two other companionships. 

That's awesome to hear about Meagan's call!!!!! Unfortunately I can't go to Youtube for anything. It might be better if you sent it as an attachment like the pics I've sent you before.

One of our investigators has a baptismal date now!! August 19th! We're going to wait with our other investigator "E" because she needs some time. She has sensory disabilities and honestly doesn't need to be baptized, but she told her Dad that she wanted to. We're just working with her to help her understand what that means. We've been doing a lot of service projects this week. We were going to paint walls for somebody, but they tried to cancel. Her husband ended up asking us to pull weeds, which for some reason I love doing. Maybe I'm used to it from when we lived in Nampa! :) We also helped someone paint their new house (still a work in progress), and did a zone service project demolishing everything in a room and painting (I mostly painted).

I think I'm doing ok on needs. I sent a box home with winter clothes and such (if I need it later I'll ask). There's also honey and and candle wax cubes if you're interested in it! :)  I love you! Have a great week!
~Sister Brinkerhoff    




No comments: