Wednesday, December 27, 2017

April 24th 2017

Hi Mom and Dad! I sent out a mass email about working at the temple open house! I didn't mention this, but I met my "Grandma" from the mission. ðŸ˜… Sister Jones is from the Pocatello Mission, and before the mission split she trained Sister Settle, who trained me.  The trainers are always referred to as the "moms" of their greenies.  Yeah, I thought it was a little weird. But, it was cool to meet her! I'm still in contact with a member from Ucon, formerly less active. Sister Jones helped with her reactivation, and Sister Settle and I continued to visit her even when she was active again.  Well, all three of us were in the reception center when she came for a tour, and we got to take a picture in front of the temple with her. I've had so many great experiences since being here. I also talked to a woman who had her children with her, along with the children's friend. They asked for copies of Books of Mormon, which we got for them.  She later asked me about a movie called the passion of Christ and was wondering if the church approved of it. She told me how it was too gory for her when He was crucified, and how she would never let her kids watch it.  I told her how it didn't have the church seal on it and that there are Bible videos about the life of Jesus Christ on mormonchannel, so I wrote that down for her. I hope it helped her out because I could tell she wanted her children to learn more about the gospel. I never found out if she was a member or not.

Well, that's been my week! I love you! Sometime this week I might be able to send pictures, not email, but send photos. Dad, I'm glad you got the card, and that you were able to go to church yesterday! I love you! Mom, wow that's crazy! Flagstaff will now have two stakes?!!  I love you both so much!!!
~Sister Brinkerhoff

No comments: