Wednesday, December 27, 2017

November 2017 Email Excerpts

November 6th:

Hi mom! 

Before I forget, do you remember Israel and Delight Palafox? I keep forgetting to ask you and we ate dinner with them a month ago now! oops! But they said that they remember you and Dad being the cutest couple. :) Brother Palafox is our ward mission leader. :) 

Thanks for the package and the candy!! 

The baptism went well!! Sister Guerra got to come up from Menan for it! :) This was the first baptism I really felt like I helped other than a talk or a musical number. It felt nice to finally feel like I know what I'm doing ha ha! And thankfully I had help from two companions. :) "T" was already so prepared for all of this! I'm so glad he made this decision! We set a temple date with him as well, which we're all looking forward to! :) I forgot my cord!! I'll send pictures when I can! :) The rest of our week involved a very thorough weekly planning. We're going to treat this transfer like a whitewash because there's been so many changes and lots of things that need to be organized. It'll be fun! :) There's also going to be a sister's meeting soon, and Sister Houston, Sister Brimhall and I are going to play an arrangement of All Creatures of Our God and King on violins! :) It's sounds great so far, and we're going to keep practicing it for the meeting. It came in handy for us to borrow violins because I ended up playing Baptism for Trevor's baptism. :)

That's still so cool that you have sister missionaries! There will probably be changes before I go home, but I look forward to meeting them anyway. :) Ha ha sometimes that happens when we're desperate, although I can usually just hold it until dinnertime or later when we're home. :)

I love you too!!
~Sister Brinkerhoff  

November 20th:

This week was crazy but fun! I'll send pictures this time ha ha! Last Friday we had an all sisters meeting. It was crazy because Sister Tapeseria, Sister Ganbold and I were at the top of the program amidst all the sisters present. Sister Tapeseria leaves in December and Sister Ganbold leaves in January with me.  Sister Tapeseria gave a heartfelt testimony. I'm going to miss her! I gave my testimony and told everyone the story of when I opened my call and said I was going to Kenya, Africa which everyone laughed about. :) But then I said how I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else but Idaho Falls (even though I've never actually served in IF ha ha).  All the sisters here have amazing gifts, and I've decided not to be jealous even if it's hard ha ha! Sister Ganbold also bore her testimony. She is an inspiration for sure. She was baptized in Mongolia, but her parents weren't. but she is now teaching them over Skype. Then all the sister missionaries introduced themselves, including the mls missionaries and those in the mission office. We then performed the musical number, Sister Houston and Sister Brimhall (from Snowflake!) and I. It was fun! Nobody realized how many violin players there were in this mission! :) Sister Houston's mom may have already told you all this though... she said you two are buddies now :).

 {Random comment, but I hope I can go to all the Arizona sister's homecomings!}   Sister Houston and her companion Sister Robb helped to conduct the meeting, along with Sister Nelson, President Nelson's wife. They invited a guest speaker to come in a talk about real beauty. She was talking about a lot of different things and it was kind of weird. Her main topic was how we didn't get to choose what we would look like, but we could choose what to do with what we have. 

After the sister's meeting we ate lunch at Cafe Rio with Sister Chandler, which was especially awesome because that was my year mark since I transferred to Henry's Fork and she became my companion. :) I haven't seen her in a couple of months, so it was a very happy occasion. 

Sorry if this email is shorter than usual. I'm not feeling super well either, but I'm getting better. I think there's just some drainage going on. In regards to a package, hand warmers would be good. :) I'm hoping I don't get sick like I did last year. I was on bed rest for about two to three days. 

I am wondering if I'm going to transfer since we are in a trio and trios don't tend to last very long. I feel like I might. I always get a feeling whenever I transfer, but then again I've only transferred twice. Everyone thinks I might transfer to IF. That would just be one transfer in IF out of my whole mission! Honestly, no matter what happens I will be just fine. If they didn't leave me here I would have never met "T" (sad thought!), our recent convert. :)

Ok, so this was longer than I thought ha ha! But I wanted to let you know that I love you tons! 

Have a wonderful week! I love you so much!
~Sister Brinkerhoff

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

My fun transfer so far:







November 27th:
Hi Mom and Dad!

Well, here's my week! It's been very eventful despite my sore throat and very annoying cough! We had dreams of finding new investigators this week that went down the drain, but we're hoping somebody will be ready soon.😺

Thanksgiving was great! I don't know if you were told or not, but sadly we're not in a trio, which is why Sister Smith isn't in the picture. A sister that's been in my zone for a while, Sister Barber, needed to go home for medical reasons. She's amazing and we miss her so much! She actually lives in Queencreek, Arizona so she's not too far away. :) Ha ha I love your pictures! I may print them and put 'em on my wall :) I'd love to see the tree! 

Eating with the Browns was fun! :) It's so cool to meet so many couples here that know you and Dad, including the Palafox family! 
There's a recent convert that lives with the Browns. We haven't been able to meet with him for almost two transfers, which has been hard but it sounds like he's had a lot on his mind from what the Browns told us. We're eating dinner with them again and we let them know that we wanted to teach a lesson. We might have to feel it out. Pray that it goes well and that he's actually there! :) We're still working on meeting with a convert from last year that Sister Chandler and Sister Settle both helped to teach when they were in that area. That's been a struggle. "T" has finally been meeting with us! I was so worried, but he told us he's been having a lot of grief with his roomate. We had him call his bishop at the end of our lesson so he could be ordained to the priesthood. Sister Lewis and I came to his sacrament meeting a little late after we helped teach primary in the Burton fourth ward, and it looked like the Bishop had him stand up and everyone raised their hands for something. I wasn't thinking about it at first, but Sister Lewis mentioned later that he may have been ordained now! YES!  We're hoping to help him prepare for the temple soon! :) He's such a great guy and I'm glad I got to stay in the area this transfer to help him learn more about faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. 

We also went to President Hammond's (YSA 4th Stake President) house on Thanksgiving and shared the light the world video with him and his family. They enjoyed it so much! They are a very cheerful family. We also got to know a family in Burton and have dinner with them. We shared a video from the Easter Initiative about gratitude with them. 

It's been weird to adjust to a duo again :).  President Nelson interviewed everybody a couple of days ago and told Sister Lewis and I to work hard because we're both reserved. I'll admit I was a little hurt by the comment because I've led out in two areas now. But so far we've been teaching well together and we enjoy each other's company. My guess is that we will stay companions, but she doesn't want to "kill" me. :) 

Oh!!  I keep forgetting to tell you this!! Guess who I keep seeing at walmart? Nicole Beverlin!! She was my friend in high school when we were in Nampa. The only sad thing is that I don't think she remembers me. We made eye contact one day and I I got excited, but she looked confused. This was before I cut my hair. I want to say hi to her so bad but I'm nervous that she might not remember me and I don't want it to be awkward. ugh I don't know how I get myself in these situations! :)

Thank you for the box! We haven't seen it yet, but maybe it will come later today.

I hope you both had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love you!😘
~Sister Brinkerhoff

Thanksgiving at the Brown's!

No comments: