Friday, March 4, 2016

What a Powerful Week!



Hi Mom!! 
What a powerful week! It was sad to say goodbye to Elder Poloncic but it has definitely been a pleasure to begin serving with Elder Hanna! He has brought a lot of energy and fresh ideas to this area! He and I get along well and he will do SO much good for this area. He also just came from Yakima 2nd ward so that has been pretty cool to swap stories about the area and the people there. 

We had great meetings with our Bishops and Ward Mission Leaders on how we can best help the 4th and 7th wards. We discussed how we can be more unified with the ward council. We are extremely EXCITED and MOTIVATED and we have seen many great things begin to happen. We have now a solid sense of what needs to happen to help nurture this area. 

We are beginning to improve member interactions in 4th ward. We are firmly (but lovingly) committing them to interact with their neighbors and find ways that they can develop friendships with nonmember friends. Many are afraid to begin simple interactions but we are encouraging them strongly to do so. Many of them think that they have to extend an invite to church or place a Book of Mormon or something BIG like that right at the start. This is a problem. We are striving to help them understand that it's simple things like introducing themselves and their families to others and developing friendships and interactions in their homes that will do more good than any of those big things will do at the start to share the gospel with others. Bishop Daniels-Brown has encouraged us to approach the members in brief, spirit-filled visits where we, in an assertive way, commit them to do something small to spark neighborly interactions with their neighbors and friends. We will then keep them accountable by following up with them once they are committed. Bishop feels strongly that this is what will help 4th ward the most. We do as well.

In 7th ward this week we introduced "T" to the Word of Wisdom and he is so far committed to begin living it!! He didn't come to church this week, but we will see him tonight. Hoping that all goes well! We will teach one of Sister Hogsett's friends tonight at their house. Should be great!!! :D

This transfer is 7 weeks long to accommodate the extra week for English MTC-goers. Closest thing to an extension I will ever probably get! It gives us some extra time to get some stuff done!!!

That's a great suggestion for me to do! I will bring that info with me in my carry-on bag. Funny enough, I had a pretty neat experience this week during my personal study on Tuesday. I just stopped what I was reading and pulled out both my state ID card and my expired permit and looked over them again. I've done this many times before trying to find a solution that pops out or something. Anyways, I was thinking and pondering a lot about if I will be able to get onto a plane with what I have. I can't explain it or begin to tell you how it came, but I received a calming assurance that it will work out. I don't yet know how, but I know strongly that the Lord will help me get home :) Tell Mazie thank you. I am grateful for their prayers!

Well, I appreciate all the updates! I will continue to do my best to keep you updated too! Have a great week! I love you!

Love Elder B

No comments: