Monday, July 4, 2016

Last Email

Hey Mom! Thought I might not get to email today. What a blessing!

I am just about finished packing. Today has been one of the hardest days of my life... It is very bittersweet. I am so excited to see you though! All day I've had to keep myself from getting teary. The last couple days too... Saturday was a struggle, but I got up, kept working (We tracted nearly all day in 90-100 degree weather) and it worked out great! We found so many new people. It was miraculous! The Lord shared many blessings with us.

Well, In other news, Elder Powell is being transferred to Ahtanum Creek this week and I've had fun filling him in on everything. Also sent him a list of people to say hi to! Our area will now be covered by Sister Christensen and Sister Mork (not Mindy! ha ha ;) ) The Terrace Heights ward and the Moxee ward will now be the same proselyting area. We've been busy this weekend packing and getting everything ready to move out of the 'B' family's house and get the area ready for the Sisters to take over.

Tonight I'm going to be in the Mission home with the Lewis's where we will have our farewell dinner, devotional and we are going to watch fireworks as well! Not many departing groups will get to do that! It will be us 13 elders and 1 Hermana. lol

Well, everything should be in order. I can't believe that this day is here. Holy cow. Can't believe I will see you tomorrow. It's going to be here before we even know it! Emily sounds like she's doing fine in the MTC! I hope she continues to do well!

I LOVE YOU!!!! SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!

love,

Elder Brinkerhoff


PS this is a picture on my last Sunday with Elder Powell as well as our Moxee Bishopric and Ward Mission Leader. Boy, it sure is hard to say goodbye.


No comments: