Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Email excerpts from the MTC!







Hi Mom!  I'm am SOOOO sorry that it took a while to respond to your message!  Things have been really busy and my district never had a place in our schedule to email till now.  Ha ha I didn't even know I left my sunglasses in the car!  Thanks for spotting them!  I am doing alright.  My companion is Sister Geddes.  She is kind and just as nervous as I am about teaching.  We're not very happy about being called the quiet sisters in the district (and honestly my companion is more outgoing than I am), but I'm pretty sure our district is the BEST!  Tell everyone I miss them and I can't wait to hear from them!  Emails might be the easiest for now.

A sister in my district just met Elder Rasband, which is incredible (celebrities!! :) ).  Nobody can pronounce the poor girl's last name!  Sister Alvides (her companion Sister Scholl is sweet and hilarious) is the most outgoing and confident.

I'll tell you more when I can.  I don't remember anyone's emails (I should have written some down).  Have a safe trip back home!  It's hopefully cooler down there now.  I love you so much and will work as hard as I can.  I will also write longer letters if possible!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I hope I have enough time to write here, so here goes (Luckily I sent a card in the mail!)!  The MTC has been...an experience. Sometimes good, and sometimes... I'll explain.  I've had a hard time getting out of my shell and my companion thinks she is bugging me (she really isn't.  She the sweetest!).  My throat has also been pretty dry here, so it's hard to talk.  I've talked to a counselor to get help with my insecurities, but it's nothing serious!  I'm getting the help and support that I need.  I thought my district would be really awkward, but I actually look forward to seeing everyone in it everyday!  We work hard but take time to mess around! :)  By the way, if you can watch "The Character of Christ".  It's a devotional by Elder Bednar and it helped me remember why I'm even here in the first place.  Knocked me into place, you could say!  Satan's been working overtime, but so am I! :)  Seriously though, watch it!  It's the best talk I've ever heard!
    How are my siblings now?  I just emailed Dean, but I don't know if he'll get it.  I've taken pics, but I forgot to bring my cord with me in the computer lab!  :( I promise to send some to you guys soon!  

I'm the only one that loves the food here (except the pancakes. they're terrible).  Sister Geddes eats fast though and likes to get things done quickly, I can't keep up with her energy! :)  It will be useful on her mission to Vancouver, Canada.  I think I forgot to mention that she's also from Arizona (Mesa).
 You better be there at the airport to get Dean! :)  I can't wait to see the pictures!  I love you deeply mom and I'll work my tail off!  Have a fun day cleaning!
Love,
Sister Brinkerhoff (great to finally type my missionary name)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AWWW I wish I was THERE at the airport to pick up Dean!!!!  You're killing me smalls!  How's everybody?  I'm so sorry, that 'be right back' turned into a few hours!  You're probably not on anymore, but thank you for sending me the pictures.  I love you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
~Sister Brinkerhoff
By the way I just found the note in the notebook.  I love you! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone!  I'm starting to adjust to missionary life!  I'm the only sister in my district going to Idaho (the rest are going to Canada).  It was a very rough first few days, I'm not going to lie.  I'm just glad my brother returned home safely.  So far my pretend investigator discussions have gone well, although sometimes I don't feel like I contribute enough.  I know I do, and I do what I can.  It's just hard.  

Sister Geddes is very smart (more than she wants to let on :) ), and she graduated with an associates degree during high school.  She wants to one day do ultrasounds for expecting mothers.  Sister Alvides is lively and outgoing.  She's a fantastic hair styler (she cut my hair!) and a great listener.  Sister Shoell is funny and kind, and she has a particularly deep love for ice cream.  Don't ask her to share!  Elder Davis and Elder Larson are silly but very nice and sincere.  Elder Dunford really wants to go home, but he has the will and drive to be here.  Elder Archibald (the big DL) is the most mature and has a twin brother here who doesn't look at all like him. :)  Elder Layer and Elder Williams have a dry sense of humor, but are very good debaters.  Elder Cox is calm and easygoing, and he definitely has his funny moments (he loves the pop corn popping song).  And lastly. Elder Olsen cracks the most jokes and is a pure blooded farm boy.  He loves taking care of lambs back home.

I will write more soon!  I love you all and I wish you the best summer ever!

Life at the MTC:






















No comments: