Monday, June 22, 2015

Dear Mom,

I didn't get your e-mail last week when you tried to send it really quick so I didn't find out that the Harris's were in my ward until Wednesday, but it's pretty awesome! Elder Jeffs and Elder Barbour had dinner with them this week and told them about transfers so they knew I was coming from them too. We went to their house on Thursday and ate some leftover birthday treats from their son's birthday and then got to see them at church yesterday too! Its really weird that they're here but it's so cool! haha We got to snag some of the treats that the ward was handing out for father's day haha Bro Harris is on the high council and usually isn't in our ward but he spoke alongside a young man leaving on his mission soon yesterday.

We have a great ward and I am excited to work here! My companion is Elder Jeffs from Gilbert AZ. He is super cool and we are eerily alike. It's going to be a good transfer! I have two sets of sisters in my district: Sisters Marcom and Wilson and Sisters Mullins and Ring. Two of them are being trained and one of the companionships got doubled in. They are all great and very hard workers. I am excited to work alongside them as their district leader. I get to hold weekly council meetings and to interview their candidates for baptism! I was trained by Elders Moon and Jensen on how to do that this week and it's a little terrifying but not too hard either! Things will be interesting but good :) We cover a little bit of east Wenatchee and several very tiny towns.

We had a baptism!! A lady named 'S' and her daughter 'C'!  They were baptized by a recent convert and Elder Jeffs and I confirmed them the next day.

I hope I get to go to Moses lake and to see Sister Hogsett too! I am happy where I am! The Yakima mission definitely is better for missionary work anyways. The Kennewick Mission work is pretty sparse in Tri-cities. I'm glad I left but I sure enjoyed my time there. I am where I need to be :) I will say goodbye to President Ware on Tuesday the 23rd during his final interview with all of us up here. 

Hope dad had a great father's day! I love you!

-Elder Brinkerhoff



BYE BYE Rancho Reata! :'(

Bye to Willowbrook ward!
Goodbye, Richland! :o(

'Bye' to Elder and Sister Cain! 
They were so nice and I loved living with them!


Here's a view of the drive to Wenatchee!
 I haven't taken any of the area yet but it's high up in the mountains and super beautiful! 


Said Goodbye to Elder Greenwell
President Ware surprised us by bringing he and Elder Jason Johnson to spend their last night with us. 
It was pretty cool to see my mission brother again (He's my mission brother because we were both trained by big Johnson) I don't exactly follow in their big footsteps though. haha 
Elder G was pretty tired and sad to go home as you can see in the picture. He's
trying to muster a smile :) 

This is what we sang at the transfer meeting:

 Drove thru Yakima 2nd ward on the way to Wenatchee and stopped
 at my old church building which was the transfer site this time.

No comments: