Monday, June 15, 2015

6/15/2015

Hey Mom!

I look forward to your letter! I've been wondering when you would send one haha (We email every week, but I've been terrible about writing snail mail!!!!) 

Well, it has been a great week but it is also bittersweet to receive transfer calls this weekend. I am very excited to announce that I have been called to serve as a District Leader in the Rocky Reach ward in Wenatchee in the Washington Yakima mission. I will have Elder Jeffs from Az (who actually used to be in my zone here in Kennewick last transfer!) I will be a steward over him and 2 sister Companionships. Two of the sisters will be brand new and straight from the MTC. It will be a "Sistrict" as President Ware put it when he called me. I am basically the Relief Society president! lol Meanwhile, Elder Plehn is very excited to stay here and to train a brand new Elder! 

We had a great last week together full of success! The 'P's' and 'M' came to church and they all loved it! They told us that M's wife will be coming next week and that 'E' will try to get his other two kids and his wife to church with them too! Rancho Reata was basically at a standstill when we got here but things have picked up so much! 'H. P.' is working towards June 27th for baptism and 'M' is working towards sometime in July. The 'M' family in the Willowbrook ward just went to the temple on Friday to perform baptisms for family names and they are going to be visiting Nauvoo soon and going to the temple there. What an amazing family! So many good things are happening and I will be sad to leave but I know that I am needed elsewhere. We know that these extra responsibilities are important callings that the Lord has extended to us. We know that they have come from the Lord and we are so grateful for all of the work and effort that President Ware has put in to receiving revelation for us for where we should be. I have been thinking and praying and preparing myself for my new area and I am excited for this opportunity to be a District Leader. I have been afraid to take on a leadership position over the course of my whole mission but I knew that if one was extended to me, that I would welcome it and rise to the challenge. I am not afraid. It feels right. The spirit is strong when I think about my future in the Washington Yakima Mission. I will be sad to leave Tri-Cities and also President and Sister Ware and all the other WKM missionaries, but I know that this is right and what the Lord wants for me. Plus, I am super excited to be in Wenatchee over the summer! It's cooler and up in the mountains with pine trees and stuff! It sounds super similar to Flagstaff actually!

Well, I love you and look forward to your letter! I will receive a training next week all about the new mission. I will let you know all the details and also any other details I've left out... haha. I love you... have a great week!!!

Love Elder Brinkerhoff 


Well, this is what the weather has looked like this past week.... 
Luckilly it has cooled down some and I will be transferred to a cooler area soon!!!
 (BTW the sign is kinda exaggerating... it only got to about 105)


Our District (for two more days)
Elders Barber, Bartschi, me, Plehn, Greenberg and Jensen



No comments: