Monday, March 27, 2017

March 20th, 2017


Good morning, Mom!

No transfer news yet.  We're actually in a seven week transfer right now, so I won't find out what transfers will be like until NEXT WEEK. I'm stoked to find out, but every time I predict what will happen it's always the exact opposite.  I was not expecting Sister Settle and I to both leave our area.  So who knows?  Sister Chandler wants to stay here for her last transfer, and I'm not sure what I want to happen.  I've loved both the areas I've been in so far.  We're really excited for the temple open house!  They gave us cards to hand out for it.  We gave one to a potential investigator (she has to ask her preacher before she takes discussions...oh boy), and she was very happy.  She said she was planning on going with her friends in the ward. :)  

This week has been a good one, but a lot of work!  We usually have been allowed 1400 car miles per month, but Salt Lake just cut everybody.  Now we have 1000 miles, and we've already used 600!  We asked for bikes and received some, but we're still going to go over.  Our area is very spread apart.  The other missionaries (except for the Spanish Elders) are right in town or a little farther out, but we're pretty spread out here.  We're going to try biking during the day, but even then some of our appointments are too far to bike over and be there on time.  We also weren't able to get bike racks, so it's been interesting.  I forgot my cord today, so I don't have any pictures.  But it's been fun to ride a bike again (and to get exercise because I'm lousy about that lately.  Before we got our bikes we walked around an area for 3 hours and shared a message with two people.  One member took pity on us in the wind and gave us refreshments, but it really wasn't that bad.  I'm used to walking long distances now because of the walking I did back home, but we definitely need a car.  We still have it thankfully, and we called our mission president to let him know we would try our best but would most likely go over.  

But there's also been a lot of blessings!  There's a family here that nobody thought would ever be interested in the gospel.  I don't know how the parents feel, but their son asked the bishop how he could be closer to Jesus Christ!  He's been reading the Bible and doesn't know that much about what we believe about Christ and His church.  We taught him last Thursday and will teach him the Restoration soon.  We also have a baptism coming up. "H" passed his interview and will be baptized on Saturday!!  He is a very smart kid.  He was in primary when we taught two Sundays ago, and he answered one of our questions right when nobody else did. 

I hope your spring break was great!
~Sister Brinkerhoff

No comments: