Monday, May 30, 2016

Hi Mom! 

Happy Memorial Day! Oh man! That is exciting for Emily! Can't believe this is all actually happening still! Sister Brinkerhoff will be off on an adventure before we know it!

I was very glad to be transferred. There were a lot of pluses to leaving Moses Lake actually haha! I am no longer DL, I have a car, I don't have to tract 4th and 7th a third time and now I'm closer to the mission headquarters!

Ok. About Moxee: It is a WEIRD place, but I love it! It's sweet! It has the reputation for being the safest city in Washington apparently. Moxee has its own ward and it's the only one we cover (Thank goodness! Only one unit!). Our ward covers all of Moxee and part of Terrace Heights. It is a small town in the Selah zone. It is just outside of Yakima on the east side of the valley. Moxee is known for it's "hops fields". (Hops are plants or something...) They usually end up being used for beer flavoring.. and they are everywhere! You can see the hops in this picture from the laundry room window:

My companion is Elder Powell. He is awesome. Elder Powell is very diligent, calm and hard-working. I couldn't ask for a better last companion :) He is great! Definitely one of my favorites! We live with the "M" family. We have a bedroom and bathroom in the upstairs and we share their kitchen. It's a nice residential home in the inner city of Moxee.  We have a 2016 Toyota Corolla with 900 miles to blow each month in the service of the Lord. We have been teaching many people! We have 2 couples we are working with who have much potential and are on date for dates in late June and early July. I haven't met one of the couples but we taught the "J's" on my first night here. The wife is a nonmember and she will definitely be baptized.  I am very excited for them! We've taught SO many first discussions in the first 4 days that I've been here! It's nuts!

I've begun my last 6 weeks online training! It's called "My Plan":



I hope all is going well! I love you! Have a great week! 

Love, Elder B



 Saying Goodbye!!!
 The Hogsett's


 The Jones's


Elder Hanna

No comments: