Monday, May 23, 2016

Elder B. transferring to Selah Zone!

Bye Bye Moses lake! Off to Selah!!


Hey Mom! 

Sister Hogsett might have told you but I'm not sure. I have been released as a District leader and am being transferred to Moxee in the Selah zone! I will be in the same district I previously was when I served in Yakima 2nd ward! Pretty crazy! I'm replacing Elder Poloncic actually and I will be serving with his 'son' Elder Powell. I'm pretty excited!

Yeah, I'm trying to catch up on my mission adventures. I am so behind in my journal! I have a goal to write everyday but it doesn't always happen... This week has been nuts! I had my last District Council of this transfer and we were asked to speak in 4th ward sacrament meeting. We didn't have much notice. We were asked on Saturday afternoon so it was a pretty stressful day waiting for transfer calls and trying to write our talks! 

What details were in the trunky papers? I haven't gotten any yet but I should near "the end".

I'll try to get some info about the shoes. The training period is 12 weeks long. (3 months) You are a normal missionary through that time and your companion is there to guide you and train you. You get an extra hour of study everyday after companion study where you study the 12 week training book. You often watch the District videos and roleplay and study. Her mission president will most likely hold meetings with all of the trainers and new missionaries about the Doctrine of Christ and all about the 12 week book. 

I don't think I'm in any great need of anything. I just love letters and hearing from you guys! I don't get much from many people. I just sent a box today too! It should arrive Thursday at grandma's house. Hope my mail gets here faster now that I will be closer to the mission office! :D

I love you too! Have a great week! Love, Elder Brinkerhoff



Last District Council :(

(L-R) Sisters Averett, Michalek, Luevano & Hirshe, Elders Wilkey, Haymond, Brinkerhoff and Hanna

Sister Luevano drew a picture of everyone in the zone. It's pretty funny!

Exchanges with Elder Haymond last Thursday!! We waited 2 years for this day 

No comments: