Monday, October 26, 2015

Back in Yak!

Hey all!

Wow what a week! Just got doubled in/white-washed into a new proselyting area in Yakima! I am training and District leader in the Ahtanum Creek and Yakima Valley YSA serving with Elder Peterson from Kaysville, Utah. Elder Peterson and I have been making quite the adjustment! I was surprised to find that we were now covering this ward and this branch instead of Randall park which was the original plan but we are so happy and excited to begin our time here! President made a last minute switch as I was coming down from Wenatchee apparently!

It's been great so far! Got to visit the new WYM mission home and mission office this week. We are driving a brand new 2016 Toyota Corolla and we just moved in to a spacious apt that has everything except a laundry area. We have been making our plans for this week to take over existing investigators and to begin finding new ones too! The YSA covers the people in the Yakima and Selah stakes so it's been strange to be able to go to some of the places I saw all the time when I served in the Selah stake in 2nd ward earlier this year!

The 6th ward and YSA branch members are very supportive and we look forward to the new wards coming this Sunday! The stake is being reorganized and yesterday was the last week of the numbered wards. The missionaries are acting as if the split has already occurred however. There's even a family named the Beus's that are here in our ward that I worked with down in Kennewick a lot and now they've moved here so that's pretty neat! Definitely inspired! I'm glad I have a mission President who is so open to the promptings of the spirit! I'm always nervous for transfers but I am always amazed at the confirming feeling I get each time that this is where I need to be. Missions are incredible! Have a great week!

Elder Brinkerhoff


Found my street before I left Wenatchee!

Said goodbye to Elder Bawden....it was very sad!!!

I got teary when I left this place.  Each transfer gets harder.

Look what I found!!!  First time at the new mission office.



Hi Mom! 

So do you know if chargers for electric razors are sold separately? I found out that I left mine in Wenatchee! I tried to look at Wal-mart today but had no luck. 

Was there a shooting at NAU? I've heard that now from a couple people and Grandma mentioned it too but i keep forgetting to ask haha

I will write you a letter soon! Elder Bawden stayed and recieved Elder Haymond who took over as DL. He came out with me if you remember. Elder Bawden was so scared to take over the area but he's got a great Elder taking care of him :) I'll fill you in on the other changes in the letter. There were some crazy ones!

And thanks for the work gloves! I can't wait to get my box! have you sent it yet? I am guaranteed to get it sooner. Once it arrives I can just pick it up at the office. :) It's pretty great! It's like deja vu of being in Kennewick really close to the mission headquarters and getting doubled in and everything! haha

Hope you all have a happy Halloween! Ours should be boring as all mission holidays are but just found out that we're going to the temple on November 4th so that will be sweet! Time is going so fast! Hope everything is well! 
I love you and take care! :)

-Elder B


No comments: