Monday, August 29, 2016

A Month of Email Excerpts

Hi everyone!  It's going to take a while to respond to letters, I hope you don't mind.  Being with my trainer has been a blast and I've been able to get to know the people in this area better.  It's a miracle that I can remember names! Now I have to apologize again because i'm not the best with questions on how the work is going, but it's going.  We lost an investigator last week and things have been hard, but I've appreciated the prayers sent my way.  I know I'm not the most sociable person on the planet, but I am feeling more confident in my personal skills without feeling like I have to change my personality.  For a while I had trouble with recognizing the Spirit. But because the stress is lightening I've been more at peace.
**********************************************
 Thank you for the prayers!  We've felt many blessings this past week. Sister S. and I received blessings from the Zone Leaders because we were feeling stressed (particularly my companion).  I don't remember all the details because of my bad memory, but I wrote what I remembered down in my journal.  I'll tell you what I learned from it in a letter, but it was great and I knew their priesthood power was from God without a doubt.  Ha ha luckily things haven't been too awkward lately.  I invited someone to be baptized, and he said, in his own words, "of course!  That's the plan!" :)  He's a little older and has had trouble remembering to read the scriptures, so we're not sure about setting a date quite yet.  
**********************************************
I had an interesting week.  Don't be alarmed when you see the pics!  Sister S. and I are perfectly fine, but our car got in a wreck.  We were teaching someone while her kids were playing with their dogs outside, and one of them came in and told us that the car had been hit.  We thought he was just joking, but nope.  A Dominoes delivery guy accidentally backed into the car!  Luckily the rest of the car wasn't damaged and it's still safe to drive, but the cost to repair it is about $2,600.  We're figuring it out, and the delivery guy was nice enough to stay so that we could figure everything out.  The other picture was us just being silly city girls who had never lived on a farm their entire lives. 
  
Thank you for the letters!!!  I will hopefully send a response today.  I've just been all over the place and I don't want to write letters during my studying and planning time. I had a fun time golfing with some of the missionaries in my zone. 
*********************************************



Sister B. with President and Sister Nelson


Sister B's arrival at the IF airport (backrow under the Flag poster).  This was the first group of new MTC Missionaries to arrive in the Idaho Falls Mission!


Sister B and Sister F on exchanges.  This picture was sent to me by a friend in Idaho who used to live in our ward here in AZ.  She was signed up to feed the missionaries the day that Sister B was on exchanges, so she got to see her! 

Japanese candy from Sister F



Sister B's study room


Sister Brinkerhoff with Sister S.


Playing golf on P-day


Farm life


Domino's delivered a smashing blow to the car:

Fire near Ririe, ID




No comments: