Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dear Mom,

This has been a great week for Elder P. and I! We found 3 new investigators! One was from tracting, one was a former investigator and the last was a member referral! We committed the last two to a baptismal date of May 16th! We were pleased with their desires to learn more and to become better people as they listened and participated in their first lessons. We have been working long and hard to find new people to teach and we have seen much success as we put forth our faith and as we strive to be obedient and change our routines. It's easy to fall into habits when studying and talking to everyone. We have tried to be better at making our approach more personal and heartfelt and by the spirit. We have seen many blessings because of it. It feels so good to reach the goals we spiritually set and feel our father's love as we aid Him in this work. We love the work and we were pleased to be moved down here from Yakima together. We are striving to help this area as best as we can. It's rough going because the area is full of well-off people, but we are going at it at full throttle regardless!

No, I haven't sent the box yet. Just found out that the city of Kennewick doesn't have a post office. We'd have to go out of the zone to Richland or Pasco... Which is not allowed!!! So, I may be able to get Elder and Sister Cain to do it for me and I'll pay them back. They go all over Tri-cities all the time for housing responsibilities. 

The picture you got and sent to me is us working on a piece of land at "The Reach Museum" here in town. It's a museum about Hanford I think. We may go back for a P-day to check it out! With me are Elders Galvez (Hawaii), Jensen (Colorado), Plehn and I. Elder Jensen is in one of those pictures you sent me in that article if you look close! 

I Promise I will send the box soon!

Love, 

Elder Brinkerhoff


Doing service at "The Reach"

Our favorite discount places--Subway and Costa Vida!


911 Memorial

Back of the new building we will be attending...it's huge!

No comments: